Never Alone relies on community involvement to carry out its mission. As a matter of fact, over 95% of our team are volunteers. Read below to find out more about joining our team.
Who can volunteer?
- Adults 18 or older
- Youth (ages 13-18) with parental/guardian supervision
- Individuals who can make an ongoing commitment
- Individuals in need of court appointed Community Service Hours
- Groups (Opportunities are limited. )
What type of volunteer opportunities do we offer?
We have three categories of service for our volunteers at Never Alone.
Ongoing Commitment Volunteers:
- Food Warehouse Volunteer
- Food Pantry Facility Support
- Food Pantry Service Area Support
- Guest Shopping Assistant
- Guest Intake
- Costco/Sprouts Pick Up Team
- Appointment Coordinator
Read more about the opportunities above in the Volunteer Job Description Document.
Special Consideration Volunteers:
- Community Service Volunteers
Never Alone will help facilitate those individuals who have court appointed community service hours to fulfill. We offer a limited number of these volunteer slots at a time. We do not accept Community Service Volunteers on Saturday.
- Youth Volunteers
Never Alone requires that youth be a minimum of 13 years of age to volunteer. Youth 13-15 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. All youth under the age of 18 must have a Parental Consent and Release from Liability Form, signed by parent/legal guardian, on file with Never Alone.
Special Event Volunteers (Groups):
- Never Walk/Run Alone 5K Event
This is an annual fund raiser event that coincides with late spring or early summer months. Volunteers will be needed to help organize and run the event.
- Mother’s Day Extravaganza
This is an annual outreach program that is held in May to honor our client mother’s. Volunteers will be needed to help collect purses, plan food and activities, and help run the event.
- Thanksgiving Assistance
This is an annual outreach program that offers our clients Thanksgiving meal assistance. Volunteers will be needed to help pack dinner boxes, schedule client pickup appointments, and distribute the boxes to the families on distribution day.
- Christmas Kids Assistance Program
This is another annual outreach program that requires a lot of volunteers to help conduct client interviews, recruit sponsors, organize the distribution facility, collect gifts on sponsor drop-off days, and distribute gifts on the family pick-up days.
- Group Sponsored Event
Please explain your group’s project on the Group Volunteer Application Form for consideration.
When can volunteers serve?
Most volunteers will perform their duties during our open business hours which are Monday – Saturday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. There may be special instances, especially with events, where volunteers will be asked to work outside those hours.
What are my next steps to volunteer?
- Complete and submit the appropriate Volunteer Application Form.
- One of our volunteer coordinators will review your application and contact you within 48 hours.
- Volunteers will be expected to attend a facility tour and interview prior to serving.
- All volunteers will be required to pass a background check.
Are there other ways to help?
- Coordinate a Food & Personal Hygiene Drive
- Sign up for Kroger Rewards and designate Never Alone as your Charity of Choice.
- Sign up at Amazon Smile and designate Never Alone as your Charity of Choice.
- Shop our Amazon Wish List to help keep those harder to obtain items in stock.
- Donate Your Birthday to Never Alone through Facebook or create a Facebook fundraiser!