Often times we run short of the more popular food items in our pantry. In addition to food, we love to be able to offer personal hygiene products. We depend on community involvement, so when someone asks us if they can run a Food & Hygiene Drive — well, you can imagine our delight!
Here are some tips for making sure your Drive is a success:
Tips for A Successful Food & Hygiene Drive
The most successful Drive is well planned out and well organized.
- Have a plan. This will insure a successful drive.
- Be creative with your collection box! Make sure it is large enough, and sturdy enough, to transport your collections when you are through. Barrel containers are available at the Food Pantry.
- Choose a prime location — one that is visible and secure.
- Be sure, be sure, be sure to get permission from the location owner before you place your box!
- Choose your dates. The most beneficial drives run about two weeks.
- At this point, you should complete the Never Alone Food & Hygiene Drive Intent Form and submit it. This way we can help advertise your drive via the website.
- Publicize your Drive. If you need help with templates for your flyers, reach out to us. We have several!
- When the drive is over, bring your collected goods to the Food Pantry during normal operating hours. Please never leave your donations unattended.